Abbey of Val-Dieu
The Abbey from Val-Dieu is located near Aubel and is the only monastery that escaped the French Revolution. Homogenously built in a Renaissance style of the 17-18 th Century, it's particularly attractive.Some parts of the roman and gothic period remain as testimony of its older part.This jewel is surrounded by the unspoiled Berwine valley. She brings you to peace like monks did through their contemplative life.
The life in the Abbey has different facets that this site would like you to discover:
- It's first a place of spiritual live for the Christian community and for many people who visite the Abbey Basilica or taking part to the offices.
- It's a place of fraternal live for the members of the Christian community, their children and the people who are working on the site of the Abbey.
- It's a place of welcome for the pilgrims and the people in search of sense, peace and calm.
- It's a place of economic activities to ensure the material life of the community and the maintenance of the important classified heritage.
- It's a service to the customers from the store «Rameau d'olivier» and the restaurant «Casse-Croûte».
- It's a place of culture and tourism thanks to the guided tours to discover the monastery and the brewery. Also through the «Spring concerts».You can also discover the surrondings from the Abbey at horseback, bicycle, motorcycle, by car and on foot.
Article number: FBB24085